1. To encourage families to grow in their love for God and His church, and to serve Him as families.
Deut 10:12 "And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,”
2. To direct husbands and wives to be faithful to each another, and strive to reflect the love of Christ for His Church in their marriages.
Eph 5:25 “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;”
Col 3:18 “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.”
3. To help parents understand and instruct them in their calling to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Prov 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
4. To implant in the children’s hearts the desire to honour and love their parents in the Lord.
Exo 20:12 “Honour thy father and thy mother: that they days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.”
5. To encourage the singles, reminding them that they are also a valuable and necessary part of the church of Jesus Christ and that they have a unique and important calling in contributing towards her spiritual well-being.
1 Cor 12:12 “For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ."